Something about VET in MALAYSIA



 When everyone talks about veterinarian , I think most of the people will think like this?

Image result for veterinarian

Image result for veterinarian
or like this

Image result for big earn moneyIt is the best profession to earn money?

U are an  animal lover .U always passionate  and dream to work with various animal especially those CUTE DOG and CAT ,cuddling and playing with them ,it seems to be the BEST and COOLEST job ever right?

But the reality comes , Become a successful veterinarian is not  that simple ,just similar to doctor . At first , u have to study very hard to gain a place into this highly competitive course (especially non bumiputera) .Then , u have to suffer and  study hard in another 5 years for your veterinary medicine degree .Finally u will need to pass the  final comprehensive exam in your fifth year and register with MVC to become a licensed veterinarian .
Later u will think that , finally it is over .Your hard work paid off . Now , you have DOCTOR on the top of your head .But actually it is not . Your life as vet begins and you will face a lot of challenges when  entering workplace. U will need to deal with animals with terrible health condition (There are not cute at this moment ) .The working environment is not good because u will be surrounded by bacteria or virus . Your hands will be contaminated with feaces and urine. Most importantly ,U have to diagnose the illness of animal accurately to prevent fatal .
Image result for maggot wound in dog
Image result for maggot wound in dog
Imagine you are going to see this picture frequently if u want to become vet. Can you bear it ?
If your answer is YES, then good lucks and continue to achieve your dream.

So , STOP your fantasy imagination ! It is not that simple but it is a very CHALLENGING BUT MEANINGFUL PROFESSION.

Thus , that is why veterinary profession become so UNIQUE in Malaysia . Only public university which is UPM and UMK provide this course for ppl to study .If I m not mistaken , Veterinarian is the profession with the least number of people according to data?. Not like other professions such as DOCTOR and PHARMACIST which already have thousand of ppl compete for limited places at workplace.
A little introduction of myself . I am a dog lover and I aspire to become vet when i was young , i took care of homeless stray dog by giving them food . I helped to feed their pupies and play with them . Unfortunately , the  pupies were infected by maggot infestations. A condition that flies lying egg in the open wound of animal . I saw them suffered but I was unable to help them effectively . At the end the people from SPCA came and took all the infected puppies away . It was quite sad for me .

I have few ambition in my lifetime . I m good at imagination so I  want to become writer . I like animal so I want to become vet . I want to understand behavior of human so I hope I can become psychologist .But I also feel very confusing because I m not sure what things that I m really good at ?I know that I m not clever and I always need hard work to achieve my goal .

So , do you like to become veterinarian too ?If not , what do you like to be?
Image result for what do you like to be





Something about VET in MALAYSIA Something about VET in MALAYSIA Reviewed by Dream Investor on August 18, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.